Dropbox is a cloud storage & file synchronization service provided by Dropbox Inc. It offer features & functions that allow you to easily store and share photos, videos, files, documents and more. Most important feature of Dropbox is "Camera Upload" and it allows you to automatically upload photos and videos to your Dropbox account from any device. "Camera Upload" feature is depends on Windows AutoPlay to work perfectly. To find out AutoPlay settings, go to 'Control Panel' and then 'Hardware and Sound' on your Vista/Win7/Win8.
Following are the steps to Enable Camera Upload on Vista/Win7/Win8:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download & install "Dropbox desktop application" on your Vista/Win7/Win8.
- Click "Dropbox" icon in the system tray.
- Click "Gear" icon and select "Preferences.." from the menu.
- Click "Change AutoPlay Settings" from the "Camera Upload" section.
- You will see "AutoPlay settings" in the new window.
- To enable Camera Upload, click the menu next to the media devices and select "Import pictures and video using Dropbox"
- To disable Camera Upload, click the menu next to the camera, phone, or other media device and select "Take no action".
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.