Unfortunately, there is no way to detect duplicate photos and remove them from your Dropbox Carousel app. But, you can remove your duplicate photos and videos manually from your account. To remove them, you can either use Dropbox or Carousel website, or Dropbox Desktop Application.
Here are the steps to Remove Duplicate Photos in Dropbox Carousel Manually:
- Go to https://carousel.dropbox.com/app/timeline & sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the duplicated photo.
- Click "Little Check Mark" icon overlying the thumbnail of the duplicate (which you can find on the top right of each thumbnail).
- Click "3 dots" icon located at the top right on the screen.
- Select "Show in folder" option.
- Note the location of the photo in your Dropbox.
- Delete the redundant copies from their location.
- This way you can remove duplicate photo in Dropbox Carousel manually.