It’s that time of life when your better half is more than a few pounds oversize, with a growing waistline, and you are eager to capture some memorable photographs that you both can sit back and enjoy a few years later.
You want to freeze some of those natural-looking pictures of your woman with the baby bump, but are doubtful if you can make it as good as you want it to be? Listed below are some ideas tested and tried by ace photographers as well as by couples who have enjoyed capturing special moments of moms-to-be just a few days before the baby arrived.
1. The top challenge that you might come across initially is to get the mom-to-be to pose for some pictures. Most of the women, when pregnant, feel they don’t look their best, thanks to their ever increasing bump and an over-weight body. Choose a place (indoor or outdoor) where the mom-to-be feels comfortable, before planning your shoot.
2. While shooting her (mom-to-be) pictures compliment her for the way she looks while she is pregnant. She will begin to relax when she feels confident about her looks, and you will end up having clicked some great pictures.
3. Take a shot from where you are on a higher ground than the subject (the mom-to-be, in this case). From a higher angle, focus down on the bump directly and to the feet. This will make the mom-to-be appear slimmer, but at the same time enhance the bump.
4. Pregnancy is as important for dads as it for the moms-to-be. So it is best to include dad too in the photo shoot. Moreover, the chemistry between the couple will tell their story in pictures. Take an abstract picture of the father, with the mom-to-be in the background with the focus on her baby bump. This idea has been a huge hit with couples and professionals.
5. You can also take a shot of the mom-to-be asking her to turn just a little so that her bump and the back arch are visible. A side angle of the baby bump is always flattering.
Well, now you have the tips. So Happy clicking!
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”