Every Instagram hashtag you use acts as a connection with other Instagram users. The more relevant they are, the more exposure and engagement you get. Follow some hashtag etiquette and best practices so you get relevant follower base.
- Don’t use too many or irrelevant hashtags. Instagram lets you work with up to 30 hashtags per post.
- Tagging your post with a dozen hashtags is acceptable and may help drive engagement, but only if all 12 hashtags align with the content you’re sharing.
- Use specific or niche hashtags. The more specific the hashtag, the more targeted your audience will be.
- Relevant hashtags mean a higher chance of quality engagement.
- Don’t forget about popular hashtags. As long as they’re relevant to the post and used sparingly, popular hashtags can help expand your reach without making your efforts look desperate.
- Before using any hashtag, be sure to browse through the hashtag page to ensure the associated content is what you think it would be.
- Keep your brand hashtags short, simple, and easy to spell.