Backing up your photos online is one of the safest ways to make sure you do not lose your precious clicks. We all like to take photos and keep our moment alive, but what if we find out that our hard drive or memory card has crashed and all the data has been lost? Storing your photos online is the safest way to ensure that you do not lose your photos. Online photo backup services are paid as well as free as per your needs. Data storage on cloud is the quickest means for data recovery.
The requirements for deciding the best online backup are listed below.
- Storage Size - More free storage is obviously better.
- Synchronization - Documents and files created or changed need to automatically be uploaded to the “Cloud.”
- Reliability of the Site - Customer satisfaction can make a site reliable or unreliable.
- Security - It should be assumed that security is minimal for the free sites. Your files are encrypted before they are uploaded.
- Ease of Use -The back-up option should be menu driven and easy to understand when selecting the files and folders to be backed up.
There are a number of products that can be used for online data storage and backup. Here are some trustworthy recommendations:
- iDrive - The service has 5 GB of free storage and meets long term reliability requirement.
- Google drive - Google drive has 15 GB of storage.
- One drive (skydrive) - It provide 7 GB for new subscribers and 25 GB of storage to old subscribers.
- Spideroak - It provides the user with end-to-end encryption. If you have private documents that should only be accessed by you, then this is the service for you.
- Dropbox - It offers 2 GB free storage to start while multiple paid options are also available. Dropbox offers automatic file syncing between the PC and the cloud.
There are many other options available for online photo backup, but these were the top five sites amongst them.