It might not seem like a very important topic to discuss, but believe us when we tell you that what adhesive you use in a scrapbook will decide it’s longitivity. The glue might contain harmful chemicals and ruin your scrapbook. Or the tape which you use might loose it’s adhesive power and pieces might fall off the scrapbook without you noticing it.
To protect your scrapbook, check this list of dos and don’ts as far as scrapbook adhesive is concerned.
1. Double-sided tape: Check the label to see if it is safe to use them with pictures or in a scrapbook and only then use it. These are excellent and long lasting tapes. Foam mounting is also very popular option.
2. Corner mounts: These little triangles let you place a photo securely to a page but not permanently. So if you want flexibility, or do not want to stick pictures forever and want to keep the option of taking them out for a while before putting them back again, then go for corner mounts. Each picture will need four corner mounts (obviously because that's how many corners a photo has!).
3. Glue stick: It is cheap and portable. Also a very reliable way of pasting pictures and other paper items to a page. But do not dab too much on a picture or paper, because it tends to wilt because of the excess glue. Just apply a little bit and press hard. The pressure will help in attaching the picture firmly to the page.
4. Do not use Hot Glue: It is hot! That's reason enough for you to not use. It also contains acid which will damage the pages of your scrapbook in the long run.
5. Staplers and pins: If there is a postcard which you want to attach to a page but still want the page to be separate, then you can staple it to the top of the page. Alternatively, use U-pins or all-pins. But do ensure that they won’t rust in the long run.
Quick Tip to Prevent Photo loss Nightmare with PicBackMan
In the case of losing irreplaceable memories like treasured family photos, it can even be heartbreaking. Luckily, with PicBackMan backing up your photos to multiple services and cloud accounts is easier than ever before. PicBackMan can save you from the absolute disaster of losing your photos by safely backing them up in one or more online accounts.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”