Knowing how to reduce shutter lag or the shutter delay means a lot to photographers who are badly hit by it. Many of us have missed those perfect shots either because of the bad timing or the technical delay in camera focusing. If you too have been through this situation, read on the tips listed below than can help you reduce shutter lag.
1. Do not use auto-focus setting on your camera. Yes, we agree that it is one of the most useful feature that allow you to capture clear images in a variety of shooting situations, but the time it takes to set the focus eventually results in shutter lag.
2. Make use of the 'Manual-mode' on your camera to control and set focus, manually. So, that your camera doesn't struggle to auto-focus. If it you take over and set focus manually, you can decrease shutter lag.
3. If your camera doesn't have manual mode to set focus manually, you can still minimize the shutter lag time. Focus lock is the solution in this case. The 'Lock Focus' simply press the shutter button halfway down once you have composed a shot. The lens will move into the position and camera will focus. Now when you press the shutter button completely, it doesn't have to focus.
4. Remember, any function that can be pre-set is one less function that the camera must configure during image capture. If you are well versed with all your camera settings and have an idea as to what you require, set them manually. It can minimize shutter lag time.
5. Anticipate the moment: Here, your photographic judgement comes into play. Judge in advance or anticipate a moment that is about to happen and adjust your camera accordingly.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”