Cloud is the new and convenient way of storing all your beloved photos. Clouds are online services that store your images in servers that are available from just about any Internet-connected device.
This not only serves as a great and safe backup for photos in the computer, but it also a good way of storing photos so that your computer memory can be freed up for other purposes.
Here are some tips which you must keep in mind regarding cloud service.
1. Opt for an automated synchronization and backup facility which is very convenient. So now you don’t have to struggle to remember to backup your files. It will be done the moment you click a photo.
2. Don’t be a miser as far as your precious photos and videos are concerned. Opting for a free storage service is acceptable, but if the volume of your photos is large, then don’t hesitate in getting a paid subscription to unlimited storage. You will thank your stars one day when you hear stories of your friends losing all their data in their phone or computer.
3. While selecting a cloud service, always go for the one which lets you share photos easily. Facebook has the easiest and most user-friendly sharing options. Google Drive lets your friends view it on Picasa while Dropbox lets you generate a link which can be given to your friends for sharing photos. But which one works the best for you, only you can decide after trying out a few.
4. Understand which cloud service your mobile can support. For Windows phone, you have the Microsoft SkyDrive, for Andriod phones you can use Google Drive, while iPhones can be supported very well with Apple iCloud.
5. A word of caution – read the Terms and Conditions (Terms of Service) while you are signing up with any cloud service for storing your photos. Read the fine print...are you unknowingly giving the service provider the right to distribute or use your photos without your permission?
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”