4. Name your folders appropriately to easily retrieve when needed (Date / year or event /year)
5. Use a combination of backup mediums - external hard drives, a Raid system, cloud storage or optical media.
6. For the best protection follow the 3-2-1 rule ( source: dpbestflow.org)
a) Keep 3 copies of any important file (the original and two backups)
b) Have the files on 2 different media types (such as hard drive and optical media) to protect against different types of hazards.
c) 1 copy should be stored offsite (or at least offline).
7. Determine how much space you need to backup photos, keep in mind your future requirements also
8. Choose the photo backup app / software / tool to manage your backup process.
9. Make a routine to backup photos.
10. In case you do not have an online or cloud photo backup, then plan an offsite storage for one copy of your backed-up photos.
11. Last but not the least, TEST your backup.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”