A person spends the majority of the day in an office and with his co-workers, so it constitutes a big part of life. Workplace related scrapbooks are mostly limited to retirement scrapbooks, which are focused on people who are soon to retire and given to them on their last day at work.
But why wait for someone to retire? If you like your office and have a good relationship with all your colleagues, then a scrapbook to celebrate this level of comfort is surely justified.
Let your close friends at work know that you are working on building an office-scrapbook, and seek their assistance in gathering all the material.
If yours is a niche industry, then make the theme accordingly. Like a media company can have a newspaper theme or a broadcasting theme, and a fashion house can have extremely trendy pages with real models and photo shoots.
Here are some more pointers to help you through this process:
1. As discussed earlier, decide the theme according to your profession or the company’s dealings. For instance, an IT company’s scrapbook could have pages which look like a computer screen and testimonials or stories written in the form of a simple program. Similarly doctors can design pages which reflect the job done at workplace.
2. If your workplace is very particular about what time you come to office, then reach office on time for once (yes we know it is difficult) and get a picture of you pointing towards the clock. Add such fun pictures in addition to boring ones which has everyone standing in attention next to the boss.
3. Almost all big offices have their own parking stickers. Embellish your scrapbook with it. Take cutouts from company-sponsored calendars and festival greeting cards to decorate. Canteen is the most important place for any employee, so pictures of the eatery along with lunch coupons would also look yummy.
4. Jot down recent achievements of you and your colleagues with their pictures. Add a paragraph on some facts about the workplace, like when it was established, location of previous offices, stories about eccentric people who no longer work here et al.
5. It can also be a great way to market your product. Add some pictures and details about what it is your company sells and people might get interested when you show it to them.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”