Photobucket & Picasa Web Albums are two online photo editing & photo sharing websites. Photobucket is the leading photo and video sharing service. Photobucket hosts more than 10 billion images from 100 million registered members, who upload more than 4 million photos and videos per day from the Web & mobile devices. You can not upload Picasa web photos directly to your Photobucket account, but you can export them from your Picasa desktop application to Photobucket.
Picasa is photo editing software developed by Google to manage digital photos & videos. Picasa allows you to organize and edit your photos and videos.
Here are the steps to upload photos from computer to Photobucket using Picasa:
- Download & install "Picasa desktop application" on your computer & launch it.
- Select the photos which you want to upload to Photobucket.
- Click "File" menu and select "Export Picture to Folder".
- Click "Browse" button in the export dialog, select a folder on your computer and click "OK" button.
- If you want the exported photos in their original sizes then click "Use Original Size". Otherwise, click "Resize to" and type a value in the Pixels field.
- Click "Export" button.
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- Select "Upload from: Computer" & you will see "Upload to" option.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Your Bucket".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Choose photos & videos".
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Photobucket.
You can install PicBackMan's Photobucket uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.