Flickr is an online image and video hosting service which was created by Ludicorp in 2004. Flickr is a Vancouver-based company founded by Stewart Butterfield and Caterina Fake. Yahoo purchased Flickr for $35 million in March of 2005. Flickr allows you to backup photos at their original resolution size. When you share photos with your family & friends, they have the option to download the photos in original, high-quality or a smaller size so that they will take up less space on their computer. Flickr offers 1TB of storage space absolutely FREE.
Following are the steps to upload photos from Computer to Flickr:
1. Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
2. Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at the top of the window.
3. Click "Choose photos & videos" button to upload photos.
4. "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
5. Click "Open" button.
6. You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Flickr account.
7. All your photos will now be uploaded to Flickr.