Google Drive is Google's file storage & synchronizing service which was released in the year 2012. Google Drive initially offered all its user a 5GB free cloud storage space which is now increased to 15GB. Users can use this 15GB space across three channels i.e. Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ Photos. In order to backup your photos onto Google Drive specifically you need to have the Google Drive App installed on your Android Phone. Here's a quick step by step process to guide you through the photo uploading procedure.
- Go to Google Play Store & download Google Drive App on your Android phone.
- Now open your photo gallery and start selecting photos and / or videos that you wish to upload to Google Drive.
- Once the selection in made, click 'Share' button. As soon as you click Share button, a small window opens up with a list of places where you can share those photos (including Google Drive App)
- Once you select Google Drive, the photo uploading process starts in the background.
- To check the upload status you can slide down the notification shade on the home screen.
- You will get a notification when the upload process is completed.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.