If you use Instagram a lot, you'll want to make sure that you get the notifications that you want, and not get overwhelmed with those you don't. You can control which types of notifications you receive from within the Instagram app itself, while you can toggle settings on or off app-wide from your device's Settings app. You can also choose to enable notifications for specific people so that you never miss a post from your favorite users.
- Open the Settings app. You can adjust your app-wide notification settings from your iOS device's Settings app. You can find this app on one of your Home screens.
- If you can't find the Settings app, swipe down on your Home screen and search for "Settings."
- Tap "Notifications." This will open the settings for notifications for all of your installed apps.
- Select "Instagram" from the list of apps. This will display Instagram's notifications settings.
- If Instagram is not appearing, you may need to wait until you've received a notification from someone.
- If Instagram is still not appearing on the list, even after receiving a notification in the app, uninstall the Instagram app, restart your phone, and then install it again. When you launch the reinstalled app, select "Allow Notifications" when prompted, and Instagram should appear in the Notifications section of the Settings app.
- Toggle "Allow Notifications" on or off. When notifications are turned off, you will not receive notifications of any type from the Instagram app.