If you use iCloud, to back up your iPad, then you can transfer all your data over wirelessly. Depending on when your last backup was, however, you might want to manually trigger a backup before making a transfer. That'll ensure everything is as up-to-date as possible. Following is the step by step process to transfer your data to your new iPad using iCloud.
- Pick up your old iPad.
- Make sure it's connected to Wi-Fi. (If you're low on power, plug in as well.)
- Launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Backup.
- Tap on Back Up Now.
Wait for the backup to complete before proceeding.
- Pick up your new iPad.
- Slide to set up.
- Follow the directions to choose your language and set up your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Restore from iCloud backup.
- Sign into your iCloud account. (Your Apple ID.)
- Tap Next.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and Confirm.
- Choose your recent backup from the list.
- Enter your iCloud password when and if requested.
Depending on how much photos you have to download, it might take a while for the transfer to complete.