There are several ways to transfer photos from computer to iPhone. If you have windows PC and iPhone with iOS 7 and earlier version, then you can use "iCloud Control Panel" and the "Uploads" folder within the Photo Stream folder. You need to install and configure iCloud Control Panel for Windows PC. Once you copied photos into Photo Stream, they may not be easy to find, because it is ordered by date on which the photos were taken.
Here are the steps to Transfer Photos from Windows PC to iPhone (iOS 7 and earlier):
- Start your Windows PC.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Go to http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455 and download the "iCloud Control Panel" software from Apple.
- Install "iCloud Control Panel" software on your Windows PC and launch it.
- Restart your Windows PC.
- Make sure "iCloud for Windows" is open. If it doesn't open automatically, go to "Start", open "Apps or Programs", and open "iCloud for Windows".
- Enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud.
- Check the box next to each iCloud feature you want to enable.
- Click "Apply" button.
- Once you set up iCloud Control Panel on your Windows PC, open an "Explorer" window and navigate to the folder in which the photos you stored.
- Select the photos which you want to transfer, right-click on them and select "Copy" option.
- Navigate to the "Picture' folder and find "Photo Stream" folder. The Photo Stream folder is created when you install the iCloud Control Panel.
- Open "Uploads" folder located within the Photo Stream and right-click and paste your copied photos into this folder.
- Your photos will appear in your Photo Stream within the Photos app on your iPhone.
- This is how you can transfer photos from Windows PC to iPhone (iOS 7 and earlier).