One of the best smartphones in the market today is the iPhone 5S and it is also the easiest way to shoot photos and videos. The picture quality of an iPhone’s camera is quite superior and is sometimes more convenient than a digital camera.
So when your children do adorable stuff, you need not now worry that you are not carrying your digital camera, because an iPhone will give you far better results.
But there are some specific tips mothers should take into consideration while recording a video of their children, and they are:
1. Always shoot in landscape. Shooting in portrait will result in a very narrow video which plays faster than it actually is. So be careful and remember to shoot in landscape mode so that video has a good frame and plays at it at a normal pace.
2. Go up close to your kids to record their activities, preferably by sitting down and shooting at their height. At this level, your iPhone’s camera will be able to get a good shot with children’s point of view, instead of the awkward angle at which you would normally shoot if you are standing up.
3. Opening the camera application will take at least 20-30 seconds, so keep this margin in mind if your kids are doing something which you want to shoot. Keep the phone handy, and the camera ready in anticipation of your kids doing something funny or sporty.
4. Take more footage than you need. This way, when you sit down to edit and make a small clip or a short movie of say 10-15 minutes, then you will have some footage as buffer to compensate for bad shots.
5. Download some good video apps for your iPhone which will improve the quality of your footage and allow you to experiment in various ways. Many popular apps are free, which makes it convenient for the mother.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”