Instagram is a user based community where you can share photos and videos with people around the world. Video feature wasn't available untill recently. But, now you can shoot videos and share it with people across the glob, like you do with photos.
To share a video on Instagram follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Instagram application on your phone.
2. Tap 'Camera' icon at the bottom of the app.
3. Tap 'Video' icon to switch from camera to video.
4. Tap the box in the bottom-right corner to go to your phone's video album or gallery.
5. Pick the video you want to upload (on iPhone, tap Next at the top.)
6. Choose which 15 seconds of the video you want to share by placing your finger on the video strip at the bottom and sliding left to choose where the clip starts playing.
7. Drag the blue slider above the video strip to choose where the clip ends.
8. Tap Add (iPhone) or the 'right arrow' icon (Android) at the top.