Photobucket is an image hosting and video hosting website which was founded in 2003. It offers 2GB of free storage space to store photos and videos. SmugMug is a paid photo and video hosting website. It offers free trial for 14 days. Photobucket allows you to upload videos upto 10 minutes in length, or 500 MB or less in size. Similarly, SmugMug allows you to upload videos upto 20 minutes in length and 3 GB in size. The video file type supported by Photobucket are .3g2, .3gp, .3gp2, .3gpp, .avi, .divx, .flv, .gif, .mov, .mp4, .mpeg4, .mpg4, .mpeg, .mpg, .m4v and wmv. When you upload video files to Photobucket, it will convert to .mp4 format.
Following are the steps to Move Videos from SmugMug to Photobucket:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Organize" button located at top of the window.
- You will see all your photo and video galleries.
- Open the video gallery and select the videos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at top of the photo gallery.
- Select "Download Image" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the videos from the SmugMug.
- Your videos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload from:" window opens up. You will see "Upload to" option.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Your Bucket".
- Select any one of the above 2 options. If you select "Create a new album" option, then enter album name, description and click "Create" button to create a new album.
- Click "Choose photos & videos".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Select the videos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Photobucket.
- This is how you can move videos from SmugMug to Photobucket.
You can install PicBackMan's Photobucket uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.