Dropbox is a popular cloud storage service where you can backup photos, videos and important files. The main function of Dropbox is file synchronization. The 'File Sync' feature allows you to automatically sync new photos and videos to Dropbox whenever they are detected on your device. It allows you to work offline and will sync them after connectiing to the Internet again. Picasa is a photo organizing website where you can backup photos and videos. It does not provide you a synchronization functionality. Picasa is best option to organize, edit and manage your photos and videos. If you are looking for a step by step process to move photos from Picasa to Dropbox, read below.
Here are the steps Move Photos from Picasa Web to Dropbox:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- You will see all your photo and video albums.
- Click your photo from an album which you want to download.
- You will see a photo in bigger size.
- Click "Actions" button located at top of the photo.
- Select "Download photo" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Picasa web.
- Your Photo will now be downloaded to computer.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the menu bar.
- A pop-up window opens up. Click "Choose File" button & select the photos on your computer which you want to upload. You can choose as many photos as you want or you may also select an entire photo folders to upload.
- Click "Start Upload" button to upload your photos.
- This is how you can move photos from Picasa Web to Dropbox.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.