Moving Dropbox folder to a new location on Mac is easy. To move the Dropbox folder, you can use 'Dropbox Desktop Application'. Once you download the app on your Mac, it creates a folder named 'Dropbox'. You can not change the name of this folder. If you change the name manually or move through your operating system, then it will not sync your Dropbox folder. If it loses track of your Dropbox folder, it will attempt to re-sync the folder.
Following are the steps to Move Dropbox Folder to a New Location on Mac:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Download and install "Dropbox Desktop Application" on Mac OS X.
- Click "Dropbox" icon from menu bar.
- Click "Gear" icon.
- Select "Preferences..." from the menu.
- Click "Account" tab.
- Move the Dropbox folder location by selecting your folder from the drop-down menu labeled Dropbox location.
- This is how you can move Dropbox folder to a new location on Mac OS X.