Instagram is an online mobile photo and video sharing networking service. If you want to move photos from Instagram to iPhoto, you need to download them to your Mac and then import them into iPhoto. Instagram does not allow you to download photos and videos from Instagram to Mac. You can download Instagram photos and videos by using third party apps. If you don't want to use any third party app, then check out the steps given below.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from Instagram to iPhoto on Mac:
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
- Go to http://instagram.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed in to your account, you will see all your photos & videos.
- Right-click the photo which you want to download.
- Select "Inspect Element" option.
- You will see the link to download that photo. Right-click the link and select "Edit as HTML" option.
- You will see the URL. Select the URL from 'http:// to .jpg'.
- Right-click the URL and select "Copy" option.
- Copy the link & open it in your new tab.
- Right-click the photo & select "Save Image As" option.
- A pop-up window opens up. You will see "Export As" option.
- Rename the photo and click "Save" button.
- Your photo will now be downloaded to Mac.
- Open "iPhoto" on Mac.
- Click "File" tab.
- Select "Import to Library..." option.
- A "Finder Window" opens up.
- Locate the folder containing the photos which you want to import.
- Select your Instagram photos or folder and drag them into iPhoto viewing area.
- Your Instagram photos will now be moved to iPhoto on Mac.
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.