When you're using AirDrop between iPhones and iPads, you can AirDrop photos, videos, contacts, Passbook passes, Voice Memos, Map locations, and any and everything else that appears on a Share sheet. If you prefer to control/right-click on your Mac, you can access AirDrop that way as well.
- Launch Finder on your Mac.
- Find the photo you want to share.
- Control/right click on the photo and then choose Share from the menu.
- Choose AirDrop from the sub-menu.
- Click on the picture of the person you want to share with.
- That's it. This is how you AirDrop photos from your Mac using the context menu.