OneDrive (previously SkyDrive) is a cloud storage and file hosting service provided by Microsoft Corp. It allows you to backup and sync photos, videos and files to a cloud storage to access them from any device or a web browser. It also allows you to keep the photos, videos, and files private, make them public or share them with family and friends. Google Drive is also a cloud storage service operated by Google Inc. It allows you to backup photos, videos, and files to cloud storage service. You can easily move your photos from Google Drive to OneDrive by using the computer. Simply download photos from Google Drive to computer and upload to OneDrive account.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Google Drive to OneDrive:
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "My Drive" button located on the left side of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the photos which you want to download.
- "Right click" the selected photos and select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos you selected from Google Drive.
- Click "Download" button.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create a Microsoft account.
- Once you are signed in to your account, you will see a set of Microsoft services at the top. Select "OneDrive".
- You will see 2 options "Create" & "Upload".
- Click "Create" button & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name (name of your photo album) to upload photos.
- Click on the folder you created.
- Click "Upload" button located in the top menu bar to upload photos to this folder.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- This is how you can move photos from Photobucket to OneDrive.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
You can install PicBackMan's SkyDrive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.