If you want to move photos from Amazon S3 to Google Photos on Mac, then you need to download your photos from Amazon S3 to Mac and then upload them to Google Photos account.
There are two ways to upload photos and videos to Google Photos on Mac.
- You can either use "Google Photos Desktop Uploader" or
- Upload them via 'Drag-and-drop' feature to Google Photos account. To do so, download your Amazon S3 photos into a folder on desktop and go to htps://photos.google.com/ & sign in to your account. Open the folder on your desktop and drag the downloaded photos in the folder to Google Photos in your web browser.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Amazon S3 to Google Photos on Mac:
- Download and install "S3 Browser" on your Mac.
- Start "S3 Browser" on your Mac.
- Click "Accounts" tab.
- Select "Add new account" option.
- Enter Account name, Access Key ID, Secret Access key and click "Add New account" button.
- You will see list of all your buckets located at the left side of the window.
- Click on the bucket, you will see list of all photos and videos from the bucket.
- Select the photos that you want to move.
- Click "Download" button.
- A "Browse for folder" window opens up.
- Create new folder or choose a folder to download photos.
- Click "Ok" button.
- All your photos will now be downloaded to Mac.
- Download and Install "Google Photos Desktop Uploader" on your computer.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Select the folder where you have downloaded photos from Amazon S3.
- During setup, you must choose a photo size i.e "High quality" or "Original".
- Click "Start Backup" button.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to view uploaded photos, then click "Google Photos" icon on your Mac computer and then click "View Uploaded Photos" option.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.