Camera uploads can automatically add photos and videos from your camera, phone, or tablet to Dropbox. Your photos and videos are then available and viewable from anywhere in your Dropbox account.
Here's how you can enable 'Camera Uploads' on iOS device:
- Open the Dropbox app.
- Choose the Recents tab and tap the gear icon.
- Under Settings, select Camera Uploads.
- Toggle Camera Uploads on.
You can also choose how camera uploads works on your iOS device:
- Uploads Videos: choose if you want to upload photos or both photos and videos into the Camera Uploads folder
- Use Cellular Data: choose if camera uploads works when you're using cellular data. Dropbox won't upload videos using cellular data.
- Use Cellular Data for Videos: if both Upload Videos and Use Cellular Data are toggled on, you have the option to choose if videos are uploaded using cellular data.
- Background Uploading: allow camera uploads to finish adding photos to your Dropbox, even if you don't open the Dropbox app. By default, the Dropbox app doesn't upload files when the app is closed. If you turn on background uploading, Dropbox resumes uploading photos and videos when the app detects a significant change in your device's location.
Note: Background uploading helps camera uploads work more efficiently; it doesn't collect your location information in any way.
If you want to disable camera uploads, use the same instructions and toggle Camera upload off.