It seems there is no end to the creativity which inspires modern-day wedding photographers, and underwater photography is one of them. Many adventurous couples are ready to jump into a pool to get some unique wedding pictures underwater.
The element of daring and thinking out of the box is what attracts most couples to get their big day photographed underwater. So search for a pool near the church or the resort or wherever it is you are having your ceremony and get those wedding photos clicked in an exclusive manner.
1. The hardest part is to convince the important people of the wedding party to dive into the water in their best dress. So good luck with that. But if the bride and the groom are up for it, then your job is done!
2. Typical couple portraits can be recreated underwater. Find a nice shallow pool that receives a generous amount of natural light. Ask the newlyweds to show some love and the camera will do the rest of the work.
3. Use the wedding gown of the bride to give the photos a serene look. Bridal gowns are usually made of lightweight fabrics which flow easily in water. The results are serene and otherworldly as brides appear weightless and flawless, clothed in flowing ivory gowns.
4. Try to shoot during the day, as ambient light is better than artificial light at night. This might come in the way of wedding celebrations, which are typically held during the day. So plan ahead accordingly.
5. Advice the bride on getting waterproof makeup that won’t run when she is underwater. If she is getting an elaborate hairdo, then warn her in advance that it might come undone in water, so prepare accordingly.
6. Use props like flower bouquets, a large photo frame, a “Just Married” sign, a couple of water balloons et al. These will add variety to the wedding photos, other than the mundane drill which every wedding photographer goes through during a photoshoot.
7. Trash the dress – a tradition followed in many countries in which a bride’s wedding gown is destroyed as a sign of commitment, can also be achieved by taking some great underwater snaps of it. The advantage of doing that is you get your “dress trashing” photos, and you can dry clean the gown and keep it with you as well.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulks uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”