Photos in your photo stream are automatically imported into your iPhoto library by default. If you wish to import them manually, follow the process below:
First, you need to turn off the automatic My Photo Stream imports to your iPhoto library, to do so:
- Choose iPhoto > Preferences, and then click Photo Stream.
- Deselect the Automatic Import checkbox.
Manually import photo stream photos to your iPhoto library.
- In iPhoto, drag one or more photos from Photo Stream to view to Photos in the Source list.
To import photos photo stream photos to an iOS device such as iPad or an iPhone, follow the process below:
- On your device’s Home screen, tap Photos.
- Tap Photo Stream, and then tap the arrow icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap the photo or photos you want to import, and then do one of the following:
- To save to your device’s Camera Roll, tap Save.
- To save to an album on your device, tap Add To, and then tap “Add to Existing Album” or “Add to New Album.” Select an album, or type a name for a new album, and tap Save.