You can make Dropbox sync faster on Windows XP, Mac OS X, On Linux and Windows 7. If you want to make Dropbox sync faster, then set your 'Upload rate' to 'Don't limit' or higher number than your connection is capable. This may cause all your other Internet activity to slow down.
Following are the steps to Make Dropbox Sync Faster on Windows XP:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Install "Dropbox Desktop Application" on your computer. It creates a folder on your systems hard disk. The folder is named "Dropbox".
- Click "Dropbox" icon from your system tray.
- Click "Gear" icon and select "Preferences..." from the menu.
- Click "Bandwidth".
- You can manually adjust the bandwidth settings by selecting the radio button next to "Limit to" under the "Download rate" or "Upload rate" sections, and entering the rates you prefer in the fields provided.
- Select the radio button next to "Don't limit" to make Dropbox sync faster.