Importing photos from a camera to Photos app is easy. To import photos from camera to Photos app, you need to connect a camera to your computer using a USB cable that came along with your camera. Once you have imported photos to Photos app, those photos appear in the 'Last Import' album located in 'Albums' view. Photos app allows you to edit, add them to albums and projects, change the date and time of scanned images and more.
Following are the steps to Import Photos from Digital Camera to Photos App:
- Connect a digital camera to your computer with a USB cable.
- Turn ON the camera and make sure it is set to the correct mode for importing photos.
- Open "Photos" app on your Mac.
- Click "Import" button located at the toolbar. (Import button appears only when a digital camera is connected).
- You will see all the photos and videos on the device.
- Click "Import All New Photos" button to import all new photos.
- Click the photos which you want to import and then click "Import Selected" to import a selection of photos.
- It will ask you whether you want to delete or keep the photos on your camera after they are imported.
- Click "Delete" button to delete the photos, or click "Keep items" to keep hem on the camera.
- You can click "Stop Import" button to cancel importing.
- Once you have imported photos, disconnect the digital camera from your computer.