You cam easily import media i.e. photos, videos and audio to iMovie from external hard disk on your Mac. There are two ways to import media into iMovie on your Mac. Either you can import media by dragging photos and videos into iMOvie from the Finder or by using the 'Import Window'. To import media by dragging it from the Finder, select a folder of photos and videos and drag it from the Finder to the event in the Libraries List in iMovie. If you are looking step by step process to import photos and videos to iMovie using the Import Window, read below.
Here are the steps to Import Photos and Videos to iMovie using the Import Window:
- If your photos and videos which you want to import are on an external hard disk, then connect it to your Mac and turn it ON.
- Click "Import" button located at the toolbar.
- A "Import Window" opens up.
- Select the hard disk located in the "Device" section of the Import Window sidebar.
- You will see the photos and videos from the hard disk at the bottom of the Import Window.
- You can select video clips individually in list view and a preview of the selected video clips.
- Click the column headings at the top of the list view to sort video clips in list view by data such as duration, creation date and size.
- To quickly navigate between clips, fast-forward or rewind, position the pointer over the preview in the top portion of the Import window.
- Click the "Play" button to play or pause the selected video clips.
- A "Import to" pop up menu opens up.
- Choose the existing event to import video clips.
- Click "Import All" button to import all video clips. If you want import only some of the clips, then Command-click each clip which you want to import and click "Import Selected" button.
- You will see a progress indicator in the top right corner of the window.