Android is the most widely used mobile operating system in the world. Android is a Google product which is specifically designed for mobile phones and tablets. Initially, Instagram was available only for iPhone and other iOS devices. But, almost two years ago, the application was made available to Android users as well. In order to download Instagram on your Android Tablet, first, you need to check whether or not your Tablet is compatible with the Instagram application. To check your Tablets compatibility with the application, go to Google Play store and search for the Instagram Application. Once you find the application click on Install button, if the application is compatible with your Android Tablet, then it will quickly start downloading. Or else you'll get a message 'Your Device is not compatible'. In case your device is not compatible, you will have to install it without using Google Play. Read through to install Instagram without using Google Play.
Get Instagram on Android Tablet
- In order to install an application from a place other than Google Play Store, you'll have to change some settings on your device that will allow you to install applications from other sources.
- To do that, click on the settings icon on your tablet. Look at the left-hand side items and locate 'Personal' heading.
- Under 'Personal' heading you'll see a list including 'Security', click on it.
- As soon as you click security, a list of items will open up on the right-hand side. In that list, you will have to check mark a check box saying ' 'Unknown Sources'. Note: That check-box could be under Security, or Developer, or Applications (it depends on which version of Android you have).
- Then on your tablet, download the apk file for Instagram (the apk file is the file that contains the app installer). Do that here: http://www.androiddrawer.com/7631/downlo...
- Once the download is finished, tap on the notification bar and select the downloaded file to install it.
Note: Chances are that the Instagram application might not work at all, or it might look different from what it looks on other devices. or it might just work fine. There's no way to know until you try!
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.