Picasa is a digital photo & video organizing & photo sharing website. Picasa allows you to backup photos, videos and organize them online. Picasa offers you 1GB of free storage space. You can upload your videos to any Picasa Web Album. Picasa allows you to upload photos at full resolution to Picasa Web Albums where you have 1GB of free storage space. You can easily download original video files form Picasa web albums to your computer without installing anything.
Here are steps to backup photos from Picasa to Google Drive (from your computer):
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, select videos which you want to download.
- You will see video in bigger size.
- Click "More" button located at top of the window.
- Select "Download video" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the video from the Picasa web.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your videos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here.
- To upload videos to this folder, click "Upload" button located next to the create button. Select "File" option.
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select videos which you wish to upload.
- Once your videos are uploaded successfully, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to ensure your videos never go missing
Videos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.