Wedding photography is a supporting big industry in this multi-billion wedding business and is the only thing that will refresh the memory of the big day for years to come. It is understandable why the bride and groom would want the best wedding photographers to shoot their wedding pictures. They rarely trust a new comer. When they do, the photographer should make sure that the following mistakes – often made by beginners – should be kept away from the wedding album at least.
1. Equipment handling abilities are crucial. Wedding photography will require you to handle at least two cameras, a number of lenses and external flashes. You will need to carry spare batteries and memory cards as well. When to change cameras, when to use which lens and which camera settings are ideal for the situation – all these are things which one must be familiar with. It shouldn’t take long to change the lens or play around with the settings. Beginners who do not familiarize themselves with these aspects are bound to face equipment failure during the shoot, which is not very good for your reputation as a photographer.
2. Finding the right moment to capture is crucial. During the wedding ceremony there are many key moments which define the entire day for the bride and groom. A new photographer would not be aware of these unless he does his homework well. Or chances are, those priceless moments would pass by and the photographer would probably be busy clicking something else.
3. New photographers would find that experience is usually not on their side when it comes to shooting weddings. And that shows in the pictures as well. Cluttered backgrounds and poor composition will in most cases creep in the pictures and ruin the mood.
4. It is important to pay attention to details at a wedding. The dress, the bouquet, jewellery, centre pieces, groom’s dress and many such intricate details might look mundane to others, but these are a big deal to the bride and the groom.
5. Post processing can make or break wedding pictures. And to get the best results after editing, it is important that the photographer shoots photos in RAW format in the first place. Beginners make the mistake of shooting in JPEG and that’s where hell can break loose.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”