Step aside traditional photographers, the candid brigade has taken over! Wedding photography is no longer the pose-and-shoot routine. Weddings are happy occasions and only a candid photographer can capture the true emotion of the day.
Hey but there is no tax on experimenting. Here are some incredibly fun photo ideas which you can carry out on wedding days.
1. Incorporate the pet of the bride/groom’s house. That classic shot where the bride’s hand is in the groom’s and both are showing off their wedding rings, add the paw of their dog or kitten to give it a hilarious twist.
2. Another fun way of having the pet in the photographs is to have the couple pose outdoors in a loving way and have the dog hold a “Just Married” sign.
3. Have the couple click a couple of selfies. They are here to stay and might as well get one included in the photo album.
4. Have the bridesmaids pose wearing shirts which the best man is supposed to wear, with their original dresses up on the hangers behind them. Plan ahead so that it does not mess up the schedule in getting ready.
5. Ask the bridesmaids to stand behind a full sized mirror with the bride’s image reflected in the mirror.
6. Line up the bridesmaids and the eligible bachelors and ask them to take a picture of the couple hugging or kissing each other. Stand behind all of them and click a photo, the focus being on the mobile screens in which the image of the couple is there.
7. Ask them bridesmaids to hold a slate with their names on it. Bride will obviously hold a bigger and fancier board with her name on it.
8. An award-winning shot is where all the groom’s friends are lying on the floor or the bar totally sloshed, while the bride is still up and having tequila shots.
9. Ask the bride and groom to get pictures of their parents’ wedding framed. Let them hold those frames on their wedding days for an outdoor shoot. A classic way of merging retro with modern.
10. Another very popular idea is to have the groom flaunt his ring to his male friends and have them swoon, just like girls do.
11. Mimick a famous movie scene or poster if it is possible with the available background settings. Or you can have the photo processed later to make it look like that poster.
12 Set up a photo booth which goes well with the theme of the wedding. Add some interesting props so that not just the newly weds, but other guests can also get their share of fun photos.
13. If you are the bride, then don’t be afraid to soil your wedding gown. Once the festivities are over, ask your photographer to work with you for a couple of hours and get some amazing shots like while lying down on the ground, getting wet in a fountain or pond, or roll on the beach.
14. Ask the couple’s immediate family members to give some hyper-dramatic expressions while the couple kisses in front of them.
15. Use misplaced props—something which has no business being at a wedding. Like a laptop, cowboy boots, or a newspaper. Ask the newly weds to use those to get some fun shots.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”