Dropbox is a reliable and trusted cloud storage service that does not only backup you photos and videos but your documents and other digital data too. Dropbox is a cloud service that brings your digital data under one roof which is easily accessible from anywhere. The biggest advantage of Dropbox cloud service is that it allow users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes. The Dropbox folder that user creates appears same on all the computers.
If you have some photos backed up on your Dropbox account, it is a little tricky to upload those photos to any other cloud service or photo-sharing & hosting service like SmugMug. There is no direct way of uploading DropBox photos to your SmugMug account. However, what you can do is, download photos from your Dropbox account to your computer system and then upload them to your SmugMug account.
1. Download photos from your Dropbox cloud service to your computer and save them in a folder.
2. Login to your PicBackMan desktop application.
3. On Accounts tab, associate your SmugMug account.
4. Go to ‘Photos’ tab and click on ‘Associate Photo Folder’ button. Now select the folder where you have saved your Dropbox photos and click ‘Save’.
5. Now, you’ll notice a bunch of checkboxes in from on the folder associated. Select the checkbox corresponding to ‘SmugMug’ icon and then click ‘Upload’ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
6. All the photos in the associated folder (downloaded from Dropbox) will soon be uploaded to your SmugMug account.
Here’s the video tutorial you can refer to
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 130+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”