15 Photography Facts That’ll Keep You Up at Night
If you know a little bit about the history of Cameras and photography, chances are that you might know of some of the facts listed below. But, if you are unaware of the history, then some of below-listed facts will surely keep you up at night.
Today clicking a picture doesn’t take longer than a second but there was a time when it took around 8 hours of exposure to click a single image. Since the time a cameras were invented, there has been tremendous development in the field of photography. Here, we have put together a collection of some mind-blowing facts that you probably didn’t know. Read through to be blown.
1. Did you know … that the first digital camera offered to consumers was only 1.4 mega-pixels and cost around $10,000?
2. Did you know … that Cameras are made for right-handed people?
3. Did you know … that the first photograph was an image produced in 1826 by the French inventor Nicéphore Niépce on a polished pewter plate covered with a petroleum derivative called bitumen of Judea?
4. Did you know … that the inventors of Kodachrome, Leopold Mannes and Leopold Godowsky, Jr. were both accomplished musicians?
5. Did you know … that the first permanent color photo was taken in 1861 by the Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell, but that the first fully practical color film, Autochrome, did not reach the market until 1907?
6. Did you know … that the first real zoom lens, which retained near-sharp focus while the effective focal length of the lens assembly was changed, was patented in 1902 by Clile C. Allen?
7. Did you know … that the Canon EOS 6D is Canon’s smallest and lightest full-frame DSLR?
8. Did you know … that the Nikon Coolpix S1000pj is the first compact digital camera of its kind with a built-in projector?
9. Did you know … that the Canon EOS-1D X is a full frame flagship model for Canon?
10. Did you know … that the world’s first portable motion picture camera was a 12fps ‘Rifle’?
11. Did you know … that the biggest SLR lens made to date is the Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T*. It weighs 564lb/256kg and has a focal length of 1700mm. It is designed specifically for use with a Hasselblad 6×6 medium format camera, and was custom-build for an anonymous customer who had a particular interest in wildlife photography?
12. Did you know … that the most expensive camera ever sold was a rare 1923 Leica camera, which went for $2.8 million at auction in Vienna?
13. Did you know … that the longest photographic negative in the world is 129 feet and was created by Esteban Pastorino Diaz?
14. Did you know … that the largest collection of cameras in the world is held by Dilish Parekh of Mumbai, India? He has a collection of 4,425 antique cameras which he has been collecting since 1977.
15. Did you know … that today we snap as many photos every two minutes as humanity as a whole did in the 1800s?