It is always better to have one or more photo backup options. Just in case any of your backup drive crash or malfunction you can retrieve your photos from the other. It’s a rare chance that all your offline and online photo backup will crash at the same time.
Your photo backup media may crash anytime. These devices do not come with a definitive lifespan. They may malfunction anytime soon. So it is advisable to have multiple backup options. There are a number of ways you can backup your photos.
There are two ways you can backup your photos i.e. offline backup and online backup. It is better to use a combination of both to prevent any chance of complete loss. Just in case if you lose your offline data you know that it is still safe online and vice versa.
Offline Photo Backup Options
- External and Internal hard drives
- Usb Drives, Memory sticks and ThumbDrives
- CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray Disks
- SD Cards
- Hard-copy Prints
Online Photo Backup Options
- You can backup photos in your Gmail / Yahoo accounts – Though there is a limit to the amount of data you upload, there is no limit on the number of accounts you own.
- Another option for your online photo backup is the photo sharing websites like SmugMug, Dropbox, Instagram, myspace, xDrive etc.
Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, if the basket is dropped, all is lost. Don’t risk everything all at once. Keep multiple photo backups to ensure your digital photos are safe and sound.