We do have a backup plan for anything we want to execute, right? Similarly, if you are using a digital camera then you should have a habit to take a photo backup. Photo backup becomes a task to execute every now and then for people like me who like clicking. Here, photo backup, I really don’t mean saving your photos at just one place. In my opinion, any data saved at just one place is not a backup. As a proper backup plan, it should be at least at 3 different places.
The best way to backup your digital photos is to make weekly or a monthly plan to go through your albums and save them at different locations. You can also develop/print the most important ones but for rest, you can either
- Use multiple medias to store for e.g. make 2-3 CDs or DVDs
- Use exclusive external hard drive to backup photos.
- Store photos on your main system’s hard drive
- Use can also memory cars or memory sticks, but chances of malfunction are high in this case
- The best one is use online photo backup services.
- Use photo backup software/tools that not only schedule upload but also take a backup of your photos in online account like Facebook, SmugMug, Google Photos, Instagram, Foursquare etc.
Using such an instrument makes your photo uploading task dead easy and quick. There isn’t much left for you to do, a majority of it is taken care by these photo backup software.
If you have a photo backup plan like this, it is unlikely that you lose your data at all places.