Picasa is a digital photo & video organizer designed to organize and edit digital photos and videos. There are several ways to upload photos to Picasa Web Albums. You can upload using the Picasa software or within Picasa Web Albums or an iPhoto plugin for Picasa or using email upload. You can upload your photos faster & save storage space by choosing from one of the options on the 'Scale Large Photos' drop-down menu. Here are the options: Actual, Better quality (1600 pixels) & Faster upload (1000 pixels).
Here are the steps to upload photos from iPhoto to Picasa web albums:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Download "Picasa Web Albums Uploader" & launch it.
- Open iPhoto and select the photos which you wish to upload.
- Click "File" menu bar & select "Export" option.
- A window "Export" opens-up, click "Picasa Web Albums" located at the top of the window.
- If prompted, sign in with your Picasa Web Albums username and password.
- You will see 2 options i.e "New album" or "Existing album".
- If you choose "New Album" then enter a name and description. Or If you choose "Existing album" then choose an album from the pop-up menu.
- Click "Export" to upload your photos.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to Picasa web album.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.