Using hashtags in your description can get some good exposure for your Instagram photo, video, or post. This enables the users to browse images they want to see. Using creative hashtags in your description is one way of drawing attention to your Instagram account. You can tag a photo immediately after taking it or, if you want to alter a photo's tags, you can do so from your profile page.
Adding Tags to an Existing Instagram Photo:
- Open Instagram. Use the home screen shortcuts or App Drawer to open Instagram. Make sure that you update the app regularly.
- Open your profile. Tap on the person's silhouette icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select a photo you wish to add the hashtags. Tap on the pic so that the image/video expands to full size.
- Open the image/video options/menu. Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Select 'Edit'. This will send you to the page from where you can modify your picture/video's description and tag people in the picture/video.
- Type in your hashtags. Do this by typing each word with a '#' symbol directly preceding it (without spaces). Try to be relevant; usage of irrelevant or unrelated popular tags on your photo/video might lead someone to report your photo/video.
- Tap 'Done'. You have now successfully hashtagged your Instagram photo/video.