Google Drive is content sharing platform & cloud storage service. It allows you to backup and syncs your photos, videos & important files to access them from anywhere in the world. To sync your iPhoto Library with Google Drive, first, you need to download and install 'Google Drive Desktop Application' on your Mac. Once you installed Google Drive application on Mac, it will create a special folder (Google Drive folder) on your Mac for storing your photos, videos, and files. Any changes you make in Google Drive folder will automatically sync to the Google Drive cloud.
Following are the steps to Sync iPhoto Library with Google Drive:
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
- Go to https://drive.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Download "Google Drive App" on your Mac from the Apple App store & launch it.
- Locate the file for the existing iPhoto library in your Picture folder.
- Go to iPhoto Library and choose "Quit iPhoto" to make sure that iPhoto is not running.
- Copy your "iPhoto Library" file into your Google Drive folder.
- Launch iPhoto. To launch iPhoto Library, simply double-click the iPhoto Library icon which you copied in Google Drive folder. It will automatically sync to your Google Drive folder.
- Open the file in iPhoto by holding down the Option key.
- Select the iPhoto Library option that's not the default. Now, iPhoto Library stored inside your Google Drive folder by default.
- Now, when you add new photos to iPhoto Library, make any changes to existing photos or organize them, then it will automatically backup to Google Drive.
- You have another option to sync iPhoto Library i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your iPhoto Library from the Picture folder directly from your Mac to Google Drive folder.
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.