Dropbox is cloud storage service which allows you to backup photos, videos and important documents to access them from anywhere on any device. Dropbox has a 'Camera Upload' feature which allows you to automatically upload photos and videos to your Dropbox account. You can use 'Camera Upload' feature to upload photos and videos wirelessly from your phone using the Android and iOS Dropbox app. You can also use 'Camera Upload' feature from your Windows computer, Mac and Linux. SmugMug is a photo and video hosting service which is used to organize and share your photos and videos with others. It is a paid photo sharing website. It offers free trial for 14 days. Moving photos from SmugMug to your Dropbox account is easy. In just few steps you can easily move and backup photos to Dropbox.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from SmugMug to Dropbox:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Organize" button located at top of the window.
- You will see all your photo and video galleries.
- Open the photo gallery and select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at top of the photo gallery.
- Select "Download Image" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Smugmug.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the menu bar.
- A pop-up window opens up. Click "Choose File" button & select the photos on your computer which you want to upload. You can choose as many photos as you want or you may also select an entire photo folders to upload.
- Click "Start Upload" button to upload your photos.
- This is how you can move photos from SmugMug to Dropbox.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.