Picasa is a photo & video organizer designed to organize and edit digital photos and videos. It allows you to upload full resolution photos to Picasa Web Albums. It works fine as a place to backup photos and videos. It offers 1 GB of free storage space to store photos and videos. The photos that you upload to Picasa Web Album are compressed and re-sized to save space. DropBox is a cloud backup service which allows you to backup photos, videos & documents to cloud storage space to access them from anywhere. The uploading file size limit on Dropbox is 10 GB or less for each file.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Dropbox to Picasa Web:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the Dropbox album.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
- This is how you can move photos from Dropbox to Picasa Web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.