Box Inc (previously Box.net) is a content management platform where you can backup photos, videos and files. It offers 10 GB of free and secure storage space with 250 MB file upload size. You can upgrade your free 10 GB account to a paid monthly subscription plan for more storage space. Box offers 100 GB for $5/user/month with 2GB file upload size limit and customized unlimited plan for $35/user/month with 5GB file upload size limit. Dropbox is cloud storage service where you can backup photos, videos and files. It offers 2 GB of free storage space to store photos, videos and files. Box offers more free storage space than Dropbox. Moving photos from your Dropbox to your Box account is easy. In just few steps you can easily move & backup photos to Box.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Dropbox to Box:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the Dropbox album.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://www.box.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "New..." button located at left side of the window.
- Select "New Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album.
- Click "Okay" button.
- Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here yet.
- Click "Upload" button located left side of the screen to upload photos to this folder.
- Select "Upload File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Once your files are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Box account.
- This is how you can move photos from Dropbox to Box.