If you have photos and videos saved on a hard disk or any other storage device, then you can import them into Photos. You can import photos and videos from a hard disk, optical disc, flash drive, card reader or SD card to Photos.
To Import Photos from Hard Disk to Photos App:
To Import Photos from a Card Reader or SD Card to Photos App:
- Connect your hard disk to your Mac.
- You have 3 options to import photos.
a) You can drag files and folders from the "Finder" to the "Photos" window.
b) You can drag files and folders from the "Finder" to the "Photos" icon in the Dock.
c) Open "Photos" app and select "File" and then select "Import" option. Select the photos which you want to import and click "Review for Import" button. If you want to import multiple photos, then select the photos and click "Import Selected" button. If you want import all the photos, then click "Import All" button.
- Select any one of the available options listed above.
- Insert the card into your Mac computer's SD card slot, or connect a card reader to your computer and insert the card into it.
- Open "Photos" app on your Mac.
- Choose "File" option.
- Select "Import" button.
- Select the photos or videos which you want to import.
- Click "Review for Import" button.
- You will see 2 options to import photos.
a) Click "Import All New Photos" button to import all new photos.
b) Select the multiple photos that you want to import and then click "Import Selected" button to import a selection of photos.
- You will get a message whether you want to delete or keep the photos on your card after importing them, click "Delete Items" button or click "Keep Items" button.
- Once you have imported photos, eject the card from your computer or card reader.
- You will see your imported photos in the "Last Import" album in "Albums" view.