You can clear the space on your device to disable Google Photos backup and sync across all devices while still keeping the backup. To clear the space on your mobile, you need to delete the local photos and videos and find locally deleted photos later.
Here are the steps to Disable Google Photos Backup and Sync Across All Devices while still Keeping the Backup:To Delete Local Photos and Videos on Android:
To Find Locally Deleted Photos and Videos Later:
- Make sure your photos and videos have been backed up.
- Open "Google Photos" app on your Android phone.
- Tap "Menu" icon located at the top left corner on the screen.
- Select "Device folder" option.
- Tap and hold a photo or video which you want to delete from your device, then select any others you want to delete.
- Tap "Options" icon located at the top right corner on the screen.
- Select "Delete device copy" option.
You can easily access your backed up photos and videos, including ones you deleted locally from your device. You can access them from mobile app or using a computer. To access from mobile app, open "Google Photos" app and go to "Photos" section. You can also use photos.google.com on your computer.