Foursquare is a geo-location social-networking service that enables people using the web and mobile phones to connect with others and share information about distinct places, restaurants, museums, and anything that might be needed. The app uses your phone's built-in GPS to locate restaurants, bars, and other attractions according to your needs and interest in your city. The Foursquare app is also available on iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms. You can download the Foursquare iPhone app from the Apple App Store, Google Play store and BlackBerry Market.
Few things you should do to take control when using Foursquare:
- Change the privacy settings according to you, as by default nearly everything is checked and therefore shared. So you should uncheck anything you don’t want to be revealed to your network.
- Be attentive towards the people you network with.
- Don’t respond to friend requests from suspicious people.
- Be careful while sharing as foursquare allows you to share your location on other social networks automatically, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Fousquare allows you to share your photos and check-ins with other users. If there are some check-ins that you don't want others to see you can keep it private. For that, you can change the privacy settings in order to keep them hidden from other people.
Steps to change Foursquare privacy settings:
- Simply navigate to your thumbnail picture and name in the top right corner of the Foursquare website, and click “Settings.” From there, click “Privacy Settings.”
- There are two divisions for privacy settings on Foursquare i.e. your contact information and your location information.
- By default, nearly everything is checked-in and therefore shared to the people connected to you, so you should take command over things that you don’t want to be revealed.
- If in future when you need to change the privacy settings, you can login and make necessary changes.