Dropbox is a free cloud storage service provided by Dropbox Inc. Dropbox offers 2GB of free storage space to store photos, videos, files and important documents. Dropbox allows user to create a special folder (Dropbox folder) on each of their computers for storing their files, photos & videos.
iPhone 5 has an added feature called "Camera Upload" in its Dropbox app. If you never enabled the "camera upload" on another device, then it will automatically create a "Camera Uploads" folder in your Dropbox account where the uploaded photos will be stored.
Following are steps to automatically Upload photos from iPhone 5 to Dropbox:
1. Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
2. If you have Dropbox app installed on your iPhone 5, launch it. Or else download it from the Apple App store.
3. Click "Data Settings" on iPhone 5, select "Dropbox" option.
4. Tap "Setting" or "gear" icon located at the bottom of the screen.
5. Select "Camera Upload" option.
6. Move the slider from right to left to turn "Camera Upload" ON.
7. Once "Camera Upload" is enabled, you will see 2 options i.e "Only Wi-Fi" & "Wi-Fi+Cell".
8. Click "Only Wi-Fi" option & then click "Enable" button located at the top right corner.
9. A pop-up window "Dropbox would like to Access your Photos" opens up, click "OK" button to automatically upload your photos.
Tip: Whenever you open the Dropbox app, it will automatically upload the photos you have taken since the last time you uploaded.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”