How to automatically backup photos from Android to Flickr?
Flickr is an image hosting & video hosting website which was created by Ludicorp in 2004 and acquired by Yahoo in 2005. It allows you to backup photos & videos to cloud storage and access them from anywhere. Flickr allows you to organize your photos & videos into 'Albums' which is also known as 'Sets'. It also allows you to embed your photos & videos or albums into blogs, forums & websites.
A. Using PicBackMan Android App:
- Download "Picbackman" on your Android phone from Google Play store & launch it.
- Enter your Gmail account and password to log in.
- Open "Picbackman" app on your Android phone.
- Tap "Accounts" tab located at the top of the screen.
- Connect your Flickr account to Picbackman.
- Tap "Photos" tab located at the top of the screen.
- Tap "Choose Photos to Backup" button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap "Choose Photos" button.
- Select the photos which you want to upload from your phone's gallery. Tap and hold to select multiple photos.
- Tap "Done" button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name to the album and tap "Done" button.
- Checkmark the button located in front of Flickr to choose the online account to backup to Flickr.
- Tap "Done" button located at the bottom of the screen.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to Flickr.
B. From the Flickr App
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account.
- If you have 'Flickr app' installed on your Android phone, launch it. Or else download it from the Google Play store.
- During the initial setup, Flickr will prompt you to setup your automatic photo & video backups. Choose any of the two options available i.e. upload photos on your data connection and WiFi, or only WiFi. Tap "Done" button located at the top right corner of the screen to automatically backup Android photos to Flickr.
- You have another option to automatically backup Android photos to Flickr, open "Flickr app" on your Android phone.
- Tap "Profile" icon located at top of the screen.
- Tap "Turn ON Auto Sync" button.
- Move the slider button next to 'Auto Sync' from left to right to turn it ON.
- Tap "Upload photos". You will see two options 'Over Wi-Fi or mobile network' & 'Over Wi-Fi only. Choose any one option to automatically backup photos to Flickr. Now anything you add in the camera folder on your Android phone will be automatically backup up to Flickr.
Quick tip to backup photos from Android phone to Flickr: